The 158th Mission Support Group entails the following elements, functions and roles:
158th Contracting Squadron’s role is responsible for the following:
· Acquisition planning and business advice; leads market research for solicitation, contract award and contract administration; and ensures performance management in support of installation contracting requirements and deployment contingency contracting.
· Contingency Support (PKX). Contingency support provides planning, programming, training and execution of all contingency contracting operations.
· Acquisition Flight (PK). The acquisition flights lead market research; provide business advice and acquisition planning for solicitation, execute award and perform contract administration; and ensure performance management for all installation acquisition requirements.
· Plans and Programs Flight (PKP). The Plans and Programs Flight includes all functions in support of the contracting squadron. This may include functions such as Information Technology support, administration of the Government-wide Purchase Card Program, contract review committee, focal point for squadron training, squadron performance metric development and trend analysis.
· Performance Management Flight (PKM) (Optional). This flight may perform consolidated contract quality/specialist functions needed to provide complete performance management support to the acquisition flight.
158th Logistics Readiness Squadron (LRS) Functions and Responsibilities:
· Plans, organizes, directs and manages all logistics support activities. Activities include materiel and traffic management functions inherent to the receiving, shipping, movement, storage and control of property and equipment. Activities also include efficient and economical vehicle operations and management services as well as installation planning and execution of unit movement, reception, and bed down and redeployment operations.
· Materiel Management Flight (LGRM) is responsible for stocking, storing, issuing, managing, inventorying and inspecting DoD supplies and equipment. This flight is the primary liaison between customers and the responsible AFMC centralized supply chain management commodity function.
· Deployment and Distribution Flight (LGRD). Responsible for the centralized command and control, planning and execution of all wing deployment operations and the distribution of cargo, passengers and personal property. Also the flight provides vehicle operations functions, responsible for providing efficient and economical transportation services to support the mission, including licensing, dispatch, pick-up and delivery operations, and vehicle and equipment support.
· Vehicle Management Flight (LGRV). Single authority and source for maintenance and management of an installation’s motor vehicle fleet. The flight is responsible for overall management and maintenance of the wing’s vehicle fleet and assigns, accounts for and maintains vehicle assets so they are safe, efficient and environmentally sound and meet the wing’s needs. Responsible for the management, repair and accountability of the Air Force vehicle fleet.
· Fuels Management Flight (LGRF). Ensures quality petroleum products, cryogenics fluids and missile propellants are acquired or produced and issued safely and efficiently to using organizations.
158th Force Support Squadron consists of the following structure:
· Force Support Squadron (FSS) Functions and Responsibilities provides personnel, manpower, morale and recreation services, food services and lodging support, child care, training, education and family readiness functions to military personnel, their dependents and other eligible parties.
· Resource Management (FSR)provide appropriated and non-appropriated fund financial management, private organizations, squadron logistics and property management, and squadron information technology.
· Honor Guard (FSOH) officiate military funeral honors; provides honor guard training on military customs, courtesies, movements, protocol, heraldry, and heritage for the professional development of Airmen; and supports military and civilian protocol and ceremonial functions as permitted by time and resources.
· Unit Training (FSOT) develops, manages, conducts and oversees training for all military and appropriated and non-appropriated fund civilian employees in the squadron.
· Readiness and Plans (FSOX) includes Unit Readiness and Installation Personnel Readiness functions.
· Manpower and Personnel Flight (FSM) provides the installation with Manpower and Organization services and Personnel support for both military and appropriated and non-appropriated fund civilians.
· Sustainment Services Flight (FSV) provides life sustaining functions like food, fitness and lodging services for the installation. Also includes food and beverage operations like clubs, casual/formal dining, banquet/catering operations; and stand-alone non-appropriated fund food operations.
· Family Readiness provides programs that respond to the needs of military members and their families.
· Force Development Flight (FSD) provides all elements of voluntary education, training and professional development. These functions are supported with professional and recreational library services for the installation.
158th Security Forces Squadron responsibilities entail the following:
· Security Forces Squadron (SF) functions and Responsibilities. Protect installations, personnel, and resources from terrorism, criminal acts, sabotage and acts of war.
· Security Forces Management (SFM) functions include senior SF enlisted leader and standardization and evaluation of Security Forces functional mission performance.
· Intelligence Flight functions include force protection intelligence (FPI) liaison and investigations.
· Operations and Training Flight functions include day-to-day installation security, confinement program management and military working dog management. Administers all SF training programs and performs unit scheduling.
· Logistics Flight functions include SF resource advisor, mobility (unit deployment) management, armory, combat arms training, weapons maintenance, supply management, vehicle management and electronic system security management.
· Plans and Programs flight functions include pass and ID; reports and analysis; plans administration; installation security; resource protection; physical security; crime prevention; anti-terrorism program; police services planning; Security Forces Management Information System (SFMIS); and contractor oversight.